WBI Energy Transmission Inc. received a draft environmental impact statement from the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for its 60.5-mile, 12-in. OD Wahpeton Expansion natural gas pipeline project in Cass and Richland Counties, ND, stating that its effects would not be significant. The pipeline will ship 20.6 MMcfd of gas to Kindred and Wahpeton, ND.
Wahpeton Expansion would include:
- A new 60.5-mile, 12-in. OD natural gas pipeline.
- Minor modifications to WBI’s existing Mapleton compressor station.
- A new Montana Dakota Utilities (MDU)-Wahpeton border station.
- A new MDU-Kindred border station.
- Seven new block valve settings.
- Four new pig launcher-receiver settings.
WBI plans to begin construction in early 2024, pending regulatory approvals, to meet an in-service date of November 2024.