Papa Terra FPSO topsides contract let

Brazilian company QUIP selected AMEC PLC to perform basic engineering services for the topsides of the P-63 floating production, storage, and offloading for the Papa Terra heavy 14-17° gravity oil field in the Campos basin off Brazil, operated by Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras).

(This story was corrected to accurately reflect the contract parties on Feb. 9)

By OGJ editors
HOUSTON, Feb. 8--
Brazilian company QUIP selected AMEC PLC to perform basic engineering services for the topsides of the P-63 floating production, storage, and offloading for the Papa Terra heavy 14-17° gravity oil field in the Campos basin off Brazil, operated by Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras).

Papa Terra is 68 miles off Rio de Janeiro in 3,940 ft of water.

AMEC said the P-63 FPSO will have 16 topsides modules with a total weight of more than 14,000 tonnes. The modules include three oil processing modules, one gas compression module, three electrical power generation modules, two water treating and injection modules, one electrical building module, three utilities modules, one flare system module, and two manifold modules. In addition, the topsides will have a pipe rack more than 200 m long with a material handling trolley.

The FPSO topsides facilities will be designed to process about 140,000 bo/d, 35 MMscfd of gas, and 325,000 b/d of produced water, as well as to inject about 340,000 b/d of seawater.

AMEC's Houston office will manage the engineering for the P-63 FPSO topsides while fabrication and integration work will take place at QUIP’s facility in Rio Grande, Brazil.

Previously the Papa Terra Joint Venture had let contracts for construction and installation of the P-61 tension-leg wellhead platform (TLWP) for the field (OGJ online Feb 2, 2010).

Operator Petrobras holds a 62.5% interest in Papa Terra and Chevron Overseas of Brazil Ltd. holds the remaining 37.5%.

More in Companies