Egypt’s Nooros field gas output reaches 700 MMcfd
Production has reached 700 MMcfd of natural gas, or 128,000 boe/d, from Nooros field of the Abu Madi West concession in the Nile Delta, reported partners Eni SPA and BP PLC.
The output benchmark comes just 13 months after the discovery and follows drilling of the Nidoco North 1X exploration well and the Nidoco North West 4 development well.
Later this month, the Nidoco W-2 exploration well is expected to spud to test a western segment of the field. Another exploration well, the BSW-1 (Barakish), was spudded in April to test an analogous but separate reservoir north of Noroos (OGJ Online, June 9, 2016).
Development wells, including the Nidoco North West 5 well spudded on May 7, are expected to increase production over the course of 2016. By spring of 2017, production capacity is expected to reach 160,000 boe/d.
Gas and condensate produced from Nooros are sent to Abu Madi’s treatment system, 25 km from the discovery.
Eni through its subsidiary IEOC holds 75% interest in Abu Madi West, and BP holds the remaining 25%. Nooros is operated by Belayim Petroleum Co. (Petrobel), a joint venture of IEOC and state partner Egyptian General Petroleum Corp.
Eni says production costs from Nooros are among the lowest in its portfolio because of “the mature operating environment and the conventional nature of the project.”