BP Oman lets contract for second Khaazan gas plant

BP Oman has let a lump-sum turnkey contract to Petrofac Ltd. of the UK to deliver engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning services for a second-phase central processing plant as part of the Phase 2 (Ghazeer) gas development in Oman’s Khazzan field.

Content Dam Ogj Online Articles 2017 12 171212 Bpoman Khazzan Final

BP Oman has let a lump-sum turnkey contract to Petrofac Ltd. of the UK to deliver engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning services for a second-phase central processing plant as part of the Phase 2 (Ghazeer) gas development in Oman’s Khazzan field.

As part of the $800-million contract, Petrofac will provide EPCC on Khazzan Phase 2 plant, which will include a third gas train with a capacity for nominally handling 500 MMcfd of gas to bring combined plateau production capacity at the site to 1.5 bcfd, the service provider said.

Petrofac’s scope of work under the contract also includes EPCC for liquid and compression trains, associated infrastructure, as well as brownfield work involving connecting the Phase 1 and 2 installations.

Content Dam Ogj Online Articles 2017 12 171212 Bpoman Khazzan Final

This latest contract follows BP Oman’s previous $1.4-billion contract award to Petrofac in February 2014 for Khazzan’s Phase 1, which began production earlier this year (OGJ Online, Sept. 25, 2017).

Phase 2 of BP’s Block 61 project is slated for startup by 2020.

BP PLC operates Block 61 tight gas fields as lead partner with 60% interest, while Oman Oil Co. Exploration & Production holds the remaining 40% interest.

Contact Robert Brelsford at rbrelsford@ogjonline.com.

More in New Plants