OGDCL increases hydrocarbon production from Baratai block well

Aug. 31, 2023
Oil & Gas Development Co. Ltd. (OGDCL) in Pakistan has increased hydrocarbon production from the Siab-1 well in the Baratai block of Kohat district, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

Oil & Gas Development Co. Ltd. (OGDCL) in Pakistan has increased hydrocarbon production from the Siab-1 well in the Baratai block of Kohat district, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

Since the well’s production start in January 2022, the well has recorded flow rates of 125 b/d of condensate and 6.2 MMscfd of gas at a well head flowing pressure (WHFP) of 1,700 psi. It is connected to OGDCL-operated Dhok Hussain gas field.

The company has applied a rigless intervention in the Lockhart formation and increased the well’s output by 14.3 MMscfd of gas and 265 b/d of oil at a WHFP of 4,300 psi. The additional gas is being supplied to the Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL) network. The well’s total production as of Aug. 28 is 20.5 MMscfd of gas and 390 b/d of oil.

OGDCL is operator of the well with 97.5% interest in the joint venture, while the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Oil & Gas Co. Ltd. (KPOGCL) holds the remaining 2.5%.