Petronas produces first hydrocarbons from Bukit Tua Phase-2B

April 15, 2022
PC Ketapang II Ltd., a Petroleum National Bhd. (Petronas) subsidiary, produced first hydrocarbons from Bukit Tua Phase-2B’s BTJTB-T2 well within Ketapang block, about 100 km offshore East Java, Indonesia.

PC Ketapang II Ltd., a Petroleum National Bhd. (Petronas) subsidiary, produced first hydrocarbons from Bukit Tua Phase-2B’s BTJTB-T2 well within Ketapang block, about 100 km offshore East Java, Indonesia.

The well was spudded Sept. 30, 2021, and drilled with a target depth of 1,890 m. This is the fourth development project after Bukit Tua Phase 1, Phase 2A, and Phase 3 (OGJ Online, May 26, 2015). The project aims to produce 12,500 boe/d and 30 MMscfd through five development wells.

Petronas is operator of Ketapang block (80%) through two subsidiaries, PC Ketapang II Ltd. and Petronas Carigali (Ketapang) Ltd. The remaining 20% is held by PT Saka Ketapang Perdana.