Williams, Tulsa, Okla., signed executive agreements with Chevron USA Inc. to support natural gas development in the Haynesville basin as well as the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
Williams will provide natural gas gathering services to Chevron’s 26,000-acre Haynesville dedication while Chevron has agreed to a long-term capacity commitment on Williams’ Louisiana Energy Gateway (LEG) project.
As part of the Haynesville agreement, Williams plans to construct a greenfield gathering system in support of Chevron’s acreage dedication with connectivity to Williams LEG project. Williams reached a positive final investment decision on LEG in June 2022. The project is designed to gather 1.8 bcfd of Haynesville natural gas and connect it to Transco natural gas pipeline system markets and Gulf Coast LNG markets (OGJ Online, June 29, 2022).
In the Gulf of Mexico, Williams has agreed to use existing infrastructure to serve increased production from the Blind Faith platform, which lies 160 miles southeast of New Orleans.
In May 2022, Chevron sanctioned the Ballymore project. With design capacity of 75,000 b/d of crude oil, Ballymore will be developed as a three-mile subsea tieback via one flowline to the existing Blind Faith platform (OGJ Online, May 17, 2022).
Using existing connections to Blind Faith, Williams will provide offshore natural gas gathering and crude oil transportation services as well as onshore natural gas processing services for the production.
Chevron is the operator of the Ballymore project with a 60% interest. TotalEnergies E&P USA Inc. holds the remaining 40% interest.