Petróleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) is entering the development stage in its deep offshore block BM-SEAL-4 (Budião), in Brazil’s Sergipe Alagoas basin with a declaration of commerciality.
Block development calls for installation of a shared FPSO and a gas pipeline. The development module is in the contract planning phase and is expected to start production after 2026.
Petrobras made a major gas discovery in BM-SEAL-4 in 2019.
Petrobras is operator of BM-SEAL-4 (75%). NGC Videsh Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary and overseas arm of Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd. (ONGC), holds the remaining 25%.