Following regional flooding issues that caused delays, Po Valley Operations Pty Ltd. has been granted approval to start gas production at Selva field in the Po Valley region of northern Italy.
Final safety checks conducted by UNMIG and the local fire department have been completed and the Italian Energy Ministry, the Ministry of Environment and Energy Security, has issued formal documentation, enabling production start from the Podere Maiar-1 (PM-1) well, according to a release from Prospex Energy LLC.
A mandatory 8-day period is required to finalize all administrative matters before production can begin, Prospex said. Therefore, Po Valley Operations, operator of the Selva Malvezzi production concession, expects gas production ramp-up at PM-1 will begin in early July 2023.
A slickline unit has been moved to the well site and has started necessary activities to allow gas production to start.
Po Valley Operations Pty Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Po Valley Energy Ltd., is operator with 63% interest. Prospex holds the remaining 37%.