SDX Energy PLC started the South Disouq drilling campaign in Egypt, which will consist of one step-out development well and one exploration well.
The development well, IY-2, was spudded on June 28. It is targeting the high porosity and permeability Basal Kafr El Sheikh reservoir at about 6,600 ft in Ibn Yunus field. The well will take about a month to drill and will be tied into existing infrastructure at the nearby IY-1X well. Production is expected to start in late third-quarter 2021. The well will maximize recovery from the field and help to maintain current gross production levels of about 45 MMscfd at the South Disouq central processing plant.
The exploration well, HA-1X, on the Hanut prospect, is expected to spud after completion of IY-2 in early August. The well is targeting gross unrisked mean recoverable volumes of 139 bcf with a 33% chance of success.
SDX Energy is operator at South Disouq with 55% interest. IPR Energy Group holds the remaining 45%.