QatarEnergy selects ConocoPhillips as third, final international NFS expansion partner

Oct. 31, 2022
QatarEnergy selected ConocoPhillips plc as its third and final international partner in the North Field South (NFS) expansion project, which comprises two LNG mega trains with combined capacity of 16 million tpy.

QatarEnergy selected ConocoPhillips as its third and final international partner in the 16-million tonne/year (tpy) North Field South (NFS) expansion project comprised of two 8-million tpy liquefaction trains. The project is expected to raise Qatar’s total LNG production capacity to 126 million tpy.

ConocoPhillips will hold an effective net participating interest of 6.25% out of a 25% interest available for international partners, QatarEnergy said in a release Oct. 31. QatarEnergy will hold the remaining 75% interest.

The North Field Expansion Project, comprising NFS and the North Field East (NFE) expansion projects, will start production in 2026 and will add more than 48 million tpy to the world’s LNG supplies by 2027, QatarEnergy said.

QatarEnergy selected TotalEnergies SE as the first international partner in the NFS project in September and Shell as the second partner in October (OGJ Online, Sept. 26, 2022; Oct. 23, 2022).