Oil and Gas Business Discovery - OGBD
This is a highly interactive business simulation over 4 days which offers attendees an experiential learning program based around a fictional international oil & gas company. Participants will gain real-life insights as well as experience hands on practice in managing this upstream company. Participants will be provided with a holistic perspective of the Industry from experienced oil and gas professionals who will provide coaching and guidance throughout.
Staff from all disciplines who want to know more about the full value chain and to gain a deeper understanding of the part their role plays in a wider context.
You will Learn:
The simulation experience enables delegates to assume the role of senior management who are managing operations spanning the full value chain from licence acquisition to exploration, appraisal and production, and oil and gas marketing. The program takes delegates on a simulated multi-year journey where small teams collaborate, build fundamental capabilities and practice real-world decision making. Participants receive feedback and analysis of their decisions and strategies and form action plans to apply the knowledge and skills back on the job.
- Strategy development in a competitive environment
- Formulating business plans and managing performance to deliver corporate goals over multiple years
- New country entry and building a portfolio of assets
- Decision making ? investment criteria, negotiating transactions & managing risks
- Asset trading
- Value chain management
- Reputation management with Governments, shareholders, communities and others
- Joint Venture ? managing complex partner issues
- Government relations ? understanding the regulatory and fiscal environment in which you operate and lobbying for change