Primary Cementing - Cementing I - PCE
Cementing is a key factor in the well construction plan. The base cement used in the designing of cement slurries may or may not be API class cement. The operating company and the service company personnel should have a good working knowledge of cement slurry design, cement additives, and placement procedures. The majority of the operating companies do not have cement testing laboratories, therefore the laboratory testing is conducted by service companies. This course is designed to give a good understanding of how the cement slurries are tested and under what conditions depending on given well parameters. This course will also cover casing hardware (both internal and external), cement blending, cement additive blending (dry and/or liquid), on-site mixing equipment and job execution on location.
Operating and service company personnel responsible for planning, designing, laboratory testing, overseeing, and executing cementing operations.
You will Learn:
Participants will learn how to:
- Design cement slurries using API and/or field adapted procedures and laboratory testing procedures
- Use cement additives in designing cement slurries to improve job success and/or reduce overall job costs
- Design cement jobs to include casing, multi-stage, liner, and tie-back strings
- Design and perform remedial (squeeze) cement jobs to include selection of tools
- Design cement plug slurries and selection of tools to improve overall job success