Goliat subsea production system contract let

Eni Norge AS awarded Aker Solutions a 2.3 billion kroner contract for delivering a production system for Goliat field in the Barents Sea, off Norway.

By OGJ editors
HOUSTON, Sept. 16
-- Eni Norge AS awarded Aker Solutions a 2.3 billion kroner contract for delivering a production system for Goliat field in the Barents Sea, off Norway.

The contract involves the engineering, procurement, and construction of a subsea production system that includes eight overtrawlable four-slot subsea templates with manifolds, 24 subsea trees, subsea control systems, 20 km of steel tube umbilicals, workover equipment, and a tie-in and connection system.

Aker Solutions will manufacture much of the equipment in Norway including the subsea trees at Tranby, steel tube umbilicals at Moss, and templates and manifolds at the Egersund yard. It will manufacture the subsea control systems in Aberdeen, and manage the project from its head office at Fornebu, Norway.

Aker Solutions expects equipment deliveries to start in 2011 and run through 2013, when production from Goliat is expected to start.

Goliat field is in 400 m of water 85 km northwest of Hammerfest on Blocks 7122/7, 7122/8, 7122/9, 7122/10, and 7123/7. Eni discovered the field in 2000.

The Norwegian parliament, earlier this year, gave the go ahead for its development with the Sevan 1000 circular floating production, storage, and offloading vessel (OGJ July 1, 2009, Newsletter).

Operator Eni holds a 65% interest in the field with StatoilHydro holding the remaining 35%.

More in Home