Indonesia: Oil found in West Java gas field
Ramba Energy Ltd., Singapore, reported an oil flow from the Baturaja limestone at a workover in Jatirarangon gas field in Cikarang, West Java, Indonesia.
By OGJ editors
HOUSTON, Feb. 9 – Ramba Energy Ltd., Singapore, reported an oil flow from the Baturaja limestone at a workover in Jatirarangon gas field in Cikarang, West Java, Indonesia.
Baturaja flowed at the rate of 90 b/d of oil and 500 Mcfd of gas from the previously shut-in JRR-3 ST well. The company scrubbed initial plans to perforate gas prospective zones in the Baturaja, Cibulakan, and Cisubuh formations.
Ramba Energy, which owns 70% interest in the Jati block, and Indonesia’s Pertamina are considering geological, geophysical, and reservoir studies, seismic acquisition, and a well intervention program to learn the discovery’s full potential. PT Wahana Sad Karya holds the other 30% interest in the block.
The block has been in commercial gas production since October 2004 and supplies gas to PT Perusahaan Gas Negara under a contract that runs until 2014. Rights to the Jati block expire in May 2020.