Chariot Ltd. upgraded net pay in the Anchois-2 gas appraisal and exploration well on the Anchois gas project within the Lixus license, offshore Morocco.
The well was completed in January to confirm gas resource volumes, reservoir quality, and well productivity of the discovered sands, provide a future production well for field development, and deepen the appraisal well into additional low-risk exploration targets with the aim to establish a larger resource base for longer term growth (OGJ Online, Dec. 15, 2021).
Based on post-well analysis, net gas pay estimates were increased to about 150 m from 100 m. Excellent quality dry gas is confirmed in all seven discovered gas reservoirs, with greater than 96% methane. No detrimental impurities such as H2S or CO2 were found.
Development will require minimal gas processing. Highly consistent gas composition potentially allows all gas produced from the reservoirs to be processed through a single processing plant.
Further well data analysis is ongoing to understand the positive implications on gas resources, as well as scale and economics of the development.
Chariot is operator of Lixus (75%). Office National des Hydrocarbures et des Mines (ONHYM) holds the remaining 25%.