Lundin Dordives 1-D well in Paris basin finds oil

Lundin Petroleum AB has discovered oil within the Jurassic age Dogger limestone reservoir in France.

Uchenna Izundu
International Editor

LONDON, Sept. 24 -- Lundin Petroleum AB has discovered oil within the Jurassic age Dogger limestone reservoir in France. The Dordives 1-D exploration well was drilled to 1,863 m TD on the Ferrieres exploration license in the Paris basin.

Lundin plans to test the discovery using a workover rig within the next 3-4 weeks.

"If the test is successful, the well will be put on long-term production test. Production will be trucked and sold to the local refinery along with all of Lundin Petroleum's current Paris basin production," the company said.

Alex Schneiter, Lundin chief operating officer, said it would focus on simultaneously appraising the extent of this new field.

Lundin operates the license and holds a 65% working interest. It earlier farmed out the remaining 35% to French independent Societe Petroliere de Production et d'Exploitation.

Contact Uchenna Izundu at uchennai@pennwell.com.

More in Exploration & Development