Touchstone Exploration Inc.’s Coho project has delivered first natural gas, the first onshore production to come onstream in Trinidad and Tobago in more than 20 years.
Coho lies in Ortoire block, where Calgary-based Touchstone is operator with 80% interest. Heritage Petroleum Co. Ltd. holds the remaining 20%.
Commercial deliveries were achieved Oct. 10, with a field estimated sustained gross production rate of about 10.5 MMcfd. The company will monitor the Coho-1 well in an effort to optimize production.
In conjunction with initial production, the operator has sold to The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Ltd. (NGC) the 2.7-km, 6-in. gathering line tying the project to the Baraka natural gas infrastructure. Production from the Coho project will be sold to NGC pursuant to a December 2020 agreement.
The project can produce 24 MMcfd (gross) of natural gas per day, “giving us the ability to potentially add incremental production volumes through a combination of additional drilling and well optimization,” said Paul Baay, president and chief executive officer.