Woodside brings Greater Enfield development on stream

A joint venture of Woodside Petroleum Ltd. and Mitsui E&P Australia Pty. Ltd. reported the start of oil production from its $1.9-billion Greater Enfield development on the North West Shelf off Western Australia.

190826 Woodside Greater Enfield Schematic

A joint venture of Woodside Petroleum Ltd. and Mitsui E&P Australia Pty. Ltd. reported the start of oil production from its $1.9-billion Greater Enfield development on the North West Shelf off Western Australia.

The project, which was approved in 2016, comprises development of the Laverda Canyon, Norton over Laverda, and Cimatti oil reservoirs via a subsea tieback to the Ngujima-Yin floating production, storage, and offloading vessel, which is moored over nearby Vincent oil field.

The program included a major refit of the FPSO in the Keppel Tuas shipyard in Singapore and the installation of subsea infrastructure involving 12 development wells.

The FPSO returned to Vincent field in early May and production from the field recommenced in early July. Vincent lies 50 km off the Western Australia coastal town of Exmouth.

The start of oil production from Greater Enfield was on schedule and under budget, Woodside said. Production from the reservoirs is expected to be a major contribution to Woodside’s targeted annual production of 100 million boe in 2020.

Woodside is operator of Greater Enfield with 60%. Mitsui has the remaining 40%.

The JV is now looking to expand production further via exploration of undeveloped reservoirs both inside and outside the project area.

More in Production Operations