Touchstone Exploration Inc. confirmed the presence of light crude oil at non-commercial rates during the first Royston-1X well production test on Ortoire block, onshore in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
Five potential production tests will evaluate the lowest subthrust sheet of the Herrera formation at depths between 11,102-11,168 ft. The first test was of the least prospective section in the well.
During testing, the well did not flow oil to surface. Swabbed volumes were analyzed by a third party confirming 40° API gravity formation crude oil, representing the deepest oil encountered on the block to date. This section of the formation appears to be a low permeability reservoir, and further testing will not be conducted.
Touchstone will continue testing operations with four potential additional tests targeting an aggregate 384 ft gross with a program to evaluate each identified sand interval independently. The next well test will target a gross interval of 70 ft in the middle portion of the subthrust sheet and will be performed with a service rig. Testing operations at this interval will begin once the rig is moved to the Cascadura C location in late May when civil operations at the site are scheduled to complete.
Touchstone is operator of the well with 80% working interest. Heritage Petroleum Co. Ltd. holds the remaining 20%.