The Energy Resources Ltd. and Norwest Energy NL joint venture onshore North Perth basin of Western Australia has confirmed the high quality of its gas discovery in the Lockyer Deep-1 wildcat in permit EP 368.
The JV completed wireline logging operations and petrophysical analysis of the data confirms a 34 m gross pay interval at the top of the Kingia Sandstone reservoir between 3,888 m and 3,922 m with gas interpreted down to low permeability. Based on an 8% porosity cutoff, net gas pay within this interval is 20.2 m.
The net pay zone has an average porosity of 16% and an average permeability estimated at 500 millidarcies. Maximum measure porosity is 28%.
Reservoir pressure at the top of the pay interval is 6,514 psi.
A well-defined gas gradient was measured through the pay interval which, when combined with the regional water gradient, indicates the presence of a gas column of up to 800 m from the nearby North Erregulla crestal location down to a free water line at about 4,500 m, Norwest said.
The company said this confirms the fault-seal integrity of the structure’s main bounding faults, regardless of orientation and despite a significant gas column.
Petrophysical analysis of other potential pay zones is also complete. The High Cliff Sandstone section has been deemed to be of generally low porosity and permeability and not expected to offer conventional gas pay at the Lockyer Deep-1 location.
The Dongara-Wagina section contains a gross oil column of 66 m of which 30 m has an average porosity of 9% with permeability generally low. Further analysis is needed.
Lockyer Deep-1 is being completed for production testing in the Kingia Sandstone.
The JV also is preparing for a 3D seismic survey across the greater Lockyer Deep/North Erregulla Deep structure.
Energy Resources is operator with 80% interest. Norwest holds the remaining 20%.