The onshore North Perth basin joint venture of Energy Resources Ltd. and Norwest Energy NL has spudded its long-awaited wildcat Lockyer Deep-1 in permit EP 368 in Western Australia.
The conventional gas prospect trends northwest-southeast and extends into the JV’s neighboring permit EP426. It is about 10 km due north of the Strike Energy-Warrego Energy gas discovery at West Erregulla and 20 km east of Mitsui-Beach Energy’s Waitsia gas field.
Lockyer Deep-1 will evaluate the large fault-closed three-way dip structure at the Permian-age Kingia and High Cliff sandstone levels.
Norwest Energy estimates prospective resources of 167-1,122 bcf of gas.
Additional hydrocarbon potential exists within the shallower Wagina formation which does contain gas at West Erregulla and produces gas in Beharra Springs field to the south.
Energy Resources is operator with 80% interest. Norwest Energy holds the remaining 20%.