Wintershall starts production from Ravn oil field in Danish North Sea

Wintershall Noordzee BV, Rijswijk, has started oil production from its first own-operated Danish oil field. Ravn field, on Block 5/06, produces oil from 4,000 m via a newly constructed production platform in the Danish North Sea, some 300 km north of the Dutch town of Den Helder.

Wintershall Noordzee BV, Rijswijk, has started oil production from its first own-operated Danish oil field. Ravn field, on Block 5/06, produces oil from 4,000 m via a newly constructed production platform in the Danish North Sea, some 300 km north of the Dutch town of Den Helder. The produced crude oil is transported via a subsea pipeline to Wintershall Noordzee’s A6-A processing platform about 18 km from the Ravn platform, where it is fed into the existing export network to the Netherlands.

Wintershall Noordzee is developing Ravn field in a phased manner using an “appraisal through development” concept. This concept will enable the company to continuously gather performance data on well productivity and the lateral extent of the reservoir. Analysis of these data will provide the basis for and contribute to further field development options, the company said.

Wintershall Noordzee owns a 63.64% share in Ravn field. Danish state-owned oil and gas company Nordsofonden holds the remaining 36.36% as licensing partner.

Wintershall Noordzee is a 50-50 joint-venture of Wintershall Holding GMBH and Gazprom International.

More in Drilling & Production