Talisman starts Wood field production in N Sea

Operator Talisman North Sea Ltd. has begun oil and gas production from Wood field in the UK North Sea. Wood will produce 6,000 b/d of oil and 16 MMcfd at peak rate.

Uchenna Izundu
International Editor

LONDON, Dec. 20 -- Operator Talisman North Sea Ltd. has begun oil and gas production from Wood field in the UK North Sea. Wood will produce 6,000 b/d of oil and 16 MMcfd at peak rate.

Production is from the Montrose platform on UK continental shelf Block 22/18, which was recently refurbished with the Wood and Gas Export (WaGE) module to provide export capacity of 9 MMcfd from Montrose, Arbroath, Arkwright, and Brechin (MonArb) fields.

"Natural gas production from Wood and MonArb will be exported via a new 6 in. gas pipeline connected to the Central Area Transmission System. Oil from Wood is comingled with production from MonArb and exported via the Forties pipeline system," Talisman said.

Wood is 130 miles east of Aberdeen and 6 miles southeast of the Montrose platform.

Talisman holds a 58.97% stake, and Marubeni Corp. subsidiary Energy North Sea Ltd. has the remaining 41.03% interest.

Contact Uchenna Izundu at uchennai@pennwell.com

More in Drilling & Production