CNOOC brings Peng Lai oil field on stream

China National Offshore Oil Co. Ltd. said another platform at the Peng Lai (PL) 19-3 oil field has come on stream.

Eric Watkins
Oil Diplomacy Editor

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 16 -- China National Offshore Oil Co. Ltd. said another platform at the Peng Lai (PL) 19-3 oil field has come on stream.

Platform B is the third of five platforms in phase II of PL 19-3. Platforms A and C already have started production, while D and E have yet to begin.

The development facilities in Phase II of PL 19-3 include the five wellhead platforms, a central processing facility and a 190,000 b/d world-class floating production, storage, and offloading facility.

Located on Block 11/05 in the Bohai Bay, the PL19-3 field was jointly developed by CNOOC and ConocoPhillips China Inc. CNOOC holds a 51% interest in the field and ConocoPhillips holds the remaining 49%.

Contact Eric Watkins at hippalus@yahoo.com.

More in Drilling & Production