More contracts let for Woodside-led Greater Enfield oil development
The Woodside Energy Ltd.-operated Greater Enfield oil project is gathering pace as more contracts and equipment orders were placed this week.
The group has let France’s Technip SA the subsea contract for project management, design, engineering, procurement, installation, and precommissioning of a carbon steel production flowline, a carbon steel water injection flowline, flexible risers, and flowlines with a total length of 82.2 km. Also included are 38.9 km of dynamic and static umbilicals, subsea structures and valves, and a multiphase pump system.
Technip’s Perth operating center will execute the contract with support from its regional subsea hub in Kuala Lumpur and office in Chennai, India.
The flexible pipes will be manufactured in the company’s plant in Johor, Malaysia, while the umbilicals will be supplied from Technip’s facility in Newcastle, UK.
The offshore installation, using several vessels from the Technip fleet, is scheduled for completion in 2018.
Following the recent award of a $300 million engineering, procurement, and construction contract to Schlumberger Ltd. subsidiary OneSubsea for the project’s subsea production system, OneSubsea has ordered a 32-km power umbilical and accessories from Nexans. The order, worth €20 million, is to be manufactured at Nexans’ plants in Norway and delivered in January 2018.
The Greater Enfield project entails development of the Laverda Canyon, Norton-over-Laverda, and Cimatti oil accumulations in the Carnarvon basin about 60 km offshore Exmouth in 915 m of water.
The oil reserves will be developed and produced via a 31-km subsea tie-back to the Ngujima-Yin floating production, storage, and offloading facility.
Total 2P reserves in the three accumulations are estimated to be 69 million boe. Start of production is slated for mid-2019.
Woodside has 60% and operatorship of the project, with Mitsui E&P Australia Pty. Ltd. holding the remaining 40%.