Accredited Environmental Practitioner: IEMA Full Member by Applied Learning - HS71
This is a two-part program, Part 1 made up of six compulsory units each requiring a range of evidence to demonstrate competence in each unit and leads to the IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management (AIEMA). In Part 2, the participant is comprehensively supported through his/her development program to become a full qualified environmental professional. The participant is guided through the application and assessment process to become a Full Member of IEMA (MIEMA). It is a mentored program with each participant having his/her own personal mentor and advisor who will work on a one-to-one basis. The assistance is tailored to meet the individual needs of each participant. Communication is usually through e-mail and telephone as well as other forums. The start date is flexible with the work for Part 1 best spread out over an 8-12 month period. Completion of Part 2 does require the participant to have 3 years full time experience gained before or after achieving Associate Membership.
Experienced environmental managers and advisors who seek an Full Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), the leading professional membership body for environmental practitioners. The participant will have responsibility for managing one or more environmental impacts within his/her work.
You will Learn:
- Participants will be supported:By a personally appointed mentor, to build a structured portfolio of evidence, demonstrating skilled application of environmental management tools and techniques, which collectively meet the requirements of IEMA
- To write the required reports
- To close any knowledge gaps through directed reading
- Through assessment and internal verification of submitted materials
- By being registered with IEMA
- Have an underpinning knowledge of the earth's natural systems and how human activity interacts and impacts on these systems
- Understand the main sources of Environmental Law and key legislation affecting international businesses
- Have demonstrated a competence in the principle tools used by the environmental professional, including Life Cycle Assessment, Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Risk Assessment
- Have demonstrated an understanding of the benefits of implementing an environmental management system
- Understand the importance of Environmental communication both internally and externally to the organisation
- Understand the issues, science and philosophy that underpin environmental sustainability
- Have demonstrated a practical understanding of how an organisation can reduce its impacts