Valeura Energy discovers new pay at Nong Yao offshore Thailand

Dec. 21, 2023
Valeura Energy Inc. discovered new pay while infill drilling at its Nong Yao oil field at shallow-water License G11/48 offshore Thailand.

Valeura Energy Inc. discovered new pay while infill drilling at its Nong Yao oil field at shallow-water License G11/48 offshore Thailand.

Four wells were drilled at the Nong Yao A wellhead processing platform, including three production-oriented development wells and one appraisal well. The appraisal well was designed to delineate the extent of certain non-producing reservoir intervals. Results from the appraisal well exceeded expectations, confirming about 50 ft of new net oil pay over several intervals. Valeura expects that this will give rise to between two and four additional development targets,  forming the basis of a future infill drilling campaign.

The development wells encountered targets in line with pre-drill expectations and have been brought online as producers. Two of the infill wells were drllled in June and came onstream at a combined initial gross rate of 1,350 b/d. (OGJ Online, Jue 14, 2023).

The drilling rig has been mobilized to Wassana field, where it is on location and being positioned to commence drilling a program of three production-oriented development wells.  Thereafter, the rig will return to Nong Yao in first-quarter 2024 to begin Nong Yao C development.

Nong Yao field has been developed by a total of 37 wells drilled from two wellhead platforms which are connected to a leased floating storage and offloading vessel. The field contains 11.2 million bbl of 2P oil reserves on a net working interest basis.

Valeura Energy is operator at License G11/48 (90%) with Palan Sophon Ltd. holding the remaining 10%.