Talisman starts gas production from Rev field

Talisman Energy Norge AS has started natural gas and condensate production from Rev field in the Norwegian North Sea.

Jan 27th, 2009

Uchenna Izundu
OGJ International Editor

LONDON, Jan. 27 -- Talisman Energy Norge AS has started natural gas and condensate production from Rev field in the Norwegian North Sea.

The field was expected to start production last July via a subsea 9-km tieback to the Armada platform in the UK North Sea, operated by BG International (CNS) Ltd., for processing and final export to the UK.

Rev's plateau rate will be 100 MMcfd of gas and 6,000 b/d of condensate from two subsea wells. The development plan cost $444 million in 2007 money.

"A third producer, the Rev East well, is expected to be brought on stream later in 2009," Talisman said. Its share of proved and probable reserves in the field at yearend 2007 was estimated at 26 million boe, with proved reserves of 16 million boe.

Recoverable reserves are estimated at 3.9 billion cu m of gas and 600,000 cu m of condensate.

Talisman has a 70% interest in the field, with Norway's state-owned Petoro AS holding the remaining 30%.

Contact Uchenna Izundu at uchennai@pennwell.com.

More in Drilling & Production