Statoil, ExxonMobil test Tanzania Block 2 resource

Statoil ASA and ExxonMobil Corp. completed their first drillstem test in the Tanzania Block 2 resource. Two separate, equipment-constrained intervals flowed at a maximum of 66 MMcfd, confirming good reservoir quality and connectivity, according to Statoil.

The test was conducted in 2,400 m of water 80 km offshore the southern coast of Tanzania in the Zafarani reservoir. Statoil expects the production well rate to be higher than those obtained under the equipment constraints of the test. The company estimates the total Block 2 in-place volumes at 17-20 tcf (OGJ Online, Dec. 6, 2013).

Statoil operates the license on Block 2 on behalf of Tanzania Petroleum Development Corp. with 65% working interest. ExxonMobil owns the remaining 35% (OGJ Online, Mar. 31, 2010).

Related Articles

INTERNATIONAL BRIEFS

01/01/1990 WESTCOAST ENERGY INC., Vancouver, B.C., agreed to buy the utilities and propane business of Inter-City Gas Corp. (ICG), Winnipeg, Man., for $720 mi...

OWNERSHIP QUESTIONS CAN STYMIE DEVELOPMENT OF COALBED METHANE

01/01/1990 Although the technology exists for commercial recovery of coalbed methane, production has been hindered because of the legal quandary as to ownersh...

OIL FLOW RISING IN E. CHINA REGION

01/01/1990 Production is building from an oil producing area in the lower reaches of the Yangtze River in eastern China's Jiangsu Province. The northern J...

GAS EXPLORATION FANS OUT MIN ARKOMA BASIN

01/01/1990 Gas exploration is heating up in the South Central Arkoma basin's pre-Pennsylvanian formations. Several operators are targeting Siluro-Devonian...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected