Woodside-led Greater Enfield oil development moves ahead

The Woodside Petroleum Ltd.-Mitsui E&P Australia joint venture has given final approval for the $1.9-billion Greater Enfield oil development offshore Western Australia.

Greater Enfield map
Greater Enfield map

The Woodside Petroleum Ltd.-Mitsui E&P Australia Pty. Ltd. joint venture has given final approval for the $1.9-billion Greater Enfield oil development offshore Western Australia.

Located in the Carnarvon basin about 60 km off Exmouth, the project will involve development of the Laverda Canyon, Norton-over-Laverda, and Cimatti oil accumulations (OGJ Online, Sept. 17, 2015).

The first two are in production licence WA-59-L, while Cimatti lies in WA-28-L.

Mitsui Greater Enfield Map

The oil reserves will be developed and produced via a 31-km subsea tie-back to the Ngujima-Yin floating production, storage, and offloading vessel.

Woodside Chief Executive Officer Peter Coleman said the development has been made possible by recent advances in technology and the use of the existing FPSO infrastructure.

Greater Enfield will comprise six subsea production wells and six water-injection wells, supported by subsea multiphase booster pumps in the Laverda area and gas lift in the Cimatti area.

Greater Enfield mapGreater Enfield map

Total 2P reserves in the three accumulations are thought to be 69 million boe. First oil is scheduled for mid-2019.

Woodside has 60% and operatorship of the project, with Mitsui holding the remaining 40%.

More in Drilling & Production