San Alberto starts supplying gas from Bolivia to Brazil

Partners in San Alberto field south of Tarija in Bolivia brought the first development phase on stream in early January.The partners in the gas development project are operator Petrobras Bolivia SA-a unit of Petroleo Brasileiro SA-with 35%; TotalFinaElf SA with 15%; and Empresa Petrolera Andina SA 50%.The area is producing 6.6 million cu m/day, which is transported to Brazil through the Bolivia-Brazil pipeline under a 20-year take-or-pay contract with Petrobras. The field also produces 1,300 b/d of condensate, which is also shipped to Brazil. Under the terms of the same contract, TotalFinaElf and partners plan to increase gas deliveries to 12 million cu m/day when the project's second...

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.


Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected