EPA plans independent review of diesel sulfur rule

10/01/2001
The US Environmental Protection Agency expects to conduct an "independent review" of its controversial low-sulfur diesel rule in mid-2002.The blue-ribbon panel will include representation by the oil industry, environmental groups, state regulators, and automakers, EPA said last week.Last June, EPA signaled it would pursue an independent study to take a second look at the rule, which the agency implemented during the administration of President Bill Clinton.The current rule would force refiners to meet a 15 ppm standard in 2006 on 80% of diesel supply. The remaining 20% would be phased in by 2010 (OGJ Online, June 6, 2001). Panel makeupEPA said no specific persons are under consideration f...
read-story

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.

 

Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected