Enron's Lay sees more e-commerce changes for industry

The internet, electronic commerce, and information technology (IT) have had a dramatic impact on the development of Houston-based Enron Corp. and on the energy industry in general, contends Enron Chairman Ken Lay.He said these developing technologies would continue to play a vital role in the company's success in the coming years as well as for that of the energy industry.Speaking at an e-commerce seminar in Houston sponsored by the Interstate Natural Gas Association of America Foundation earlier this month, Lay said that when Enron was formed in 1985, the company's pipeline group represented more than 80% of its income, with the remaining 20% representing exploration and product...

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.


Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected