Schlumberger, Baker Hughes combine seismic units

06/12/2000
Schlumberger Ltd. and Baker Hughes Inc. have signed a memorandum of understanding to form a joint venture of the two companies' seismic units, to be called Western GECO.Schlumberger and Baker Hughes said they would combine the seismic fleets, data processing assets, surveys, and other assets of Schlumberger's Geco-Prakla unit and Baker Hughes's Western Geophysical unit to form the venture. Terms of the agreement also call for Schlumberger to pay Baker Hughes $500 million in cash.The Western GECO seismic venture would have pro forma 1999 revenues of about $1.5 billion. Schlumberger would hold a 70% interest in the venture, while Baker Hughes would own the remaining 30%. Gary Jo...
read-story

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.

 

Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected