Elf, Agip to hike Qatari field capacity

Qatari Minister of Energy & Industry Abdullah bin Hamad al Attiyah has approved a $200 million expansion plan for Al Khaleej offshore oil field. The plan will double production capacity to 60,000 b/d, according to Elf Petroleum Qatar Managing Director Patrick Pouyanne.Elf Qatar's parent TotalFinaElf SA has a 55% interest in the Qatari production-sharing agreement covering the field, and Agip SPA unit Agip International holds the remaining 45%.Project detailsElf has already launched tenders for the engineering, procurement, and construction contract for Al-Khaleej and is expected to award the contract before summer. Work is to be completed by September 2001.The partners plan to build t...

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.


Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected