Shell agrees to sell its interest in CO2 unit to Kinder Morgan

03/20/2000
Shell Exploration & Production Co. agreed to sell its 80% interests in Shell CO2 Co. Ltd.-the largest US transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide-for $185.5 million to Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP, which already holds the other 20%.With the pending sale of Shell's 36% interest in Altura Energy LP (see story, p. 29), Shell CO2 is no longer a core business or strategic fit, officials said.Altura is a limited partnership formed by the 1997 combination of Amoco Corp. and Shell properties in the Permian basin. Half of Altura's current production comes from large CO2 injection projects, which has earned the partnership the reputation as the best and biggest operator of CO2 floods....
read-story

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.

 

Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected