Oil & Gas Journal's exclusive biennial enhanced oil recovery (EOR) survey indicates that EOR processes have weathered the low oil price environment of the last 2 years and at the beginning of 2000 still contribute significant oil production in both the US and elsewhere.
Occidental Petroleum Corp. is buying Altura Energy LP, Texas' biggest oil producer, from BP Amoco PLC and Shell Exploration & Production Co. for $3.6 billion in a move that will immediately boost Oxy's worldwide production by 36%.
Pakistan has begun a privatization program and is trying to boost potential investors' confidence by introducing a privatization law, says Altaf M. Salim, chairman of Pakistan's privatization commission.
Shell Exploration & Production Co. agreed to sell its 80% interests in Shell CO2 Co. Ltd.-the largest US transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide-for $185.5 million to Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP, which already holds the other 20%.
Nine industry groups are urging the US Environmental Protection Agency to withdraw a pending rule that would slash the sulfur content of automotive diesel fuel to 15 ppm in 2006 from the current 500 ppm.
Laboratory studies of polysiloxane (DB-31), an antifoaming agent used in diglycolamine (DGA) gas-sweetening units, indicate that DB-31 substantially reduces the DGA solution surface tension and thereby reduces foaming.
Three Formosa Plastics Group companies have announced plans to spend $110.3 billion (Twn.), or $3.6 billion (US), to build 15 petrochemical production units at FPG's petrochemical complex in Yunlin County, Taiwan.
The new series TFXP portable transit time flowmeter features advanced noninasive flow measurement technology that provides a measuring system with accuracy, versatility, ease of installation, and dependability.
What may be the biggest sale of E&P assets ever will also drastically alter the landscape in one of North America's most critical petroleum provinces while clearing the way for one of history's biggest mergers.