Industry Briefs

10/18/1999
ExplorationDavis Petroleum Corp.,Denver, and Questar Exploration & Production Co., a unit of Questar Corp., Salt Lake City, made a natural gas discovery in Galveston Bay about 30 miles south of Houston. On test, the ST 251-1 well, drilled to 16,087 ft, flowed 12 MMcfd of gas and 800 b/d of condensate through an 18/64-in. choke with 7,000 psi flowing tubing pressure. The well cut 108 net ft of potential gas pay, 33 ft of which is producing. Operator Davis holds 75% of the field, and Questar holds the remaining 25%.Trinidad Exploration & Development Ltd.(TED), a unit of Trans-Dominion Energy Corp., Calgary, received a joint license with Trinidad and Tobago state oil firm Petrotrin from Trin...
read-story

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.

 

Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected