Elf, Agip sign Dorood contract with Iran

03/08/1999
Elf Petroleum Iran and Agip Dorood BV have signed a 10-year, $540 million buy-back contract with National Iranian Oil Co. (NIOC) for redevelopment of giant Dorood field. The field is mostly off Kharg Island, although a portion of it is onshore. Elf is operator and holds a 55% interest, with Agip holding the remaining 45%. The Elf-Agip combine will be repaid for their investment with a share of production. It is hoped that the use of affiliates of Elf Aquitaine and Agip SpA will further ward off U.S. sanctions against the French and Italian majors, even though the U.S. has so far been disinclined to apply such sanctions-allowed under the Iran-Libya Sanctions Act-against EU...
read-story

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.

 

Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected