Exploration/Development Briefs

Colombia PetroNova Inc., Calgary, has spudded Canelo Sur-2, first exploratory well on the PUT-2 block in the Putumayo basin in Colombia. PetroNova, operator with a 75% working interest in the block, said the well "targets a robust four-way closure, the first of several on-trend structures identified in the eastern part of the block." Suroco Energy Inc., Calgary, holds the other 25% interest. The well is to be drilled directionally from a three-well pad to 10,300 ft measured depth, 9,900 ft true vertical depth, with the Cretaceous Villeta formation as the primary target. Drilling time is put at 45 days. Kazakhstan Aral Petroleum Capital LP has tested Well 306 in East Zhagabulak f...

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.


Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected