Nido Petroleum finds oil off Philippines

10/13/2008
Nido Petroleum Ltd., Perth, said its Yakal-1 wildcat in SC54 of the Northwest Palawan basin off the Philippines has encountered a 66-m gross oil column.No definitive oil-water contact has been determined.Nido will evaluate the find with a logging suite and fluid sampling to clarify the extent of the column below 1,839 m.The jack up rig WilBoss drilled Yakal-1 to 1,975 m TD. Yakal-1 is the first exploration well drilled in the area in the past decade. The drill site is in the northeastern part of SC54 south of the producing Malampaya gas and oil field.Nido holds a 60% interest, and joint venture partner Kairiki Energy has the remaining 40%.BruneiField work has begun in support of a 350 sq ...
read-story

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.

 

Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected