Permeability changes affect CBM production predictions

07/24/2006
The Palmer-Mansoori (P-M) theory of permeability changes incorporated into a pseudosteady-state equation can predict the approximate peak gas flow rate and decline with depletion for coalbed methane wells, when full reservoir modeling predictions are unwarranted.The predictions formulated in a risk-based model require a range of values for each input parameter and produce a range of gas flow rates. These quick screening model predictions can assess potential gas rates and profitability for various basins, at any stage of the exploration and exploitation process.The model allows for the prediction of 10% probability (P10) and 90% probability (P90) gas rates,Risk-based models for hypothetic...
read-story

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.

 

Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected