Watching the World: Cuba si, Yanquis no

04/17/2006
Venezuelan state oil company Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA) has formed a joint venture with Cuba’s Cupet to revamp the unfinished Cienfuegos refinery.“The initial investment will approximately be between $800 million and $1 billion in shared costs,” said Adan Chavez, Venezuela’s ambassador in Cuba. Cupet will hold a 51% stake in the JV and PDVSA the remaining 49%.The 76,000 b/d, Cienfuegos refinery was built in the years of Soviet influence over Cuba, but the Soviet Union collapsed before the facility became operational.PDVSA also will supply the refinery with crude and other products needed for its “optimum performance,” while products manufactured ...
read-story

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.

 

Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected