Magnolia extends TLP water depth

New designs such as the Magnolia extended tension-leg platform (ETLP) have made installation of TLPs in deeper water practicable.ConocoPhillips operates the Magnolia field in Gulf of Mexico Garden Banks Blocks 783 and 784. In August 2004, it installed the platform in 4,674 ft of water and expected production to begin this month.ConocoPhillips holds a 75% working interest in the field, with the remaining 25% interest held by Devon Energy Corp.Extended reach TLPsThe Magnolia TLP (Fig. 1) is a smaller version of the ELTP installed on the ExxonMobil Corp.-operated Kizomba A field off Angola in November 2003. A second similar ELTP will be installed on the Kizomba B field in 2005. Water depth o...

Why Register?

Non-subscribers can only view whitepapers by providing name, home and email address, phone number and other information and comment on/rate articles.

Why Subscribe?

Oil & Gas Journal subscribers with login credentials can access these premium features of OGJ Online:

  • Current Issue – an html version of the current week's issue of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • Past Issues – An Electronic OGJ Archive. A keyword-searchable archive of all issues of Oil & Gas Journal dating back to 1990; also searchable by issue date.
  • Market Journal – a weekly round-up of the oil and gas markets, with observations from leading analysts.
  • Editor's Perspective – a short article of insight and opinion by the Editor of Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Industry Stats – quick access to current industry statistics from Oil & Gas Journal.
  • OGJ Survey Downloads - quick access to exclusive reports from Oil & Gas Journal.


Subscriber Help or Subscribe

Oil & Gas Journal Subscribers: Have your subscription number (from the mailing label on the cover of your Oil & Gas Journal) and e-mail address ready to set up your online account through Customer Service Assistant.

If you're not an Oil & Gas Journal subscriber, start a subscription and gain access to the subscriber areas of OGJ Online now.

Stay Connected