Woodside makes gas discovery offshore Western Australia

Woodside Petroleum Ltd. reported that its Toro-1 exploration well, drilled in permit WA-430-P, has intersected about 150 m of gross natural gas (65 m net) within the Mungaroo formation target. The well, which reached a total depth of 3,724 m referenced from the rig rotary table, is in Western Australia’s Exmouth subbasin and within 22 km of Woodsides’ existing Ragnar-1A discovery.

“Following drilling, wireline logging has been conducted and confirmed the presence of a gas column through pressure measurements and gas sampling,” Woodside reported. The well will now be plugged and abandoned.

Woodside is operator and 70% equity owner of WA-430-P. Mitsui E&P Australia has the remaining 30%.

Related Articles

BOEM seeks information for possible 2017 Beaufort Sea lease sale

07/28/2014 The US Bureau of Ocean Energy Management issued a call for information and nominations on July 25 for a possible 2017 oil and gas lease sale in the...

BOEM issues ROD for environmental review of G&G survey off Atlantic Coast

07/28/2014 The US Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) issued a record of decision (ROD) for environmental review of geological and geophysical (G&G) ...

API survey finds gap between voters, federal officials on development

07/24/2014 A substantial gap exists between registered voters’ support for more US oil and gas development on federal lands, and what they think federal offic...

Statoil enters Colombia by securing offshore license

07/23/2014 Statoil ASA has been awarded 33.33% interest in the COL4 license offshore Colombia in the Caribbean Sea during the 2014 Colombia Licensing Round, m...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected