Iran, Indonesia plan $3 billion refinery

PT Kreasindo Resources Indonesia (KRI) and Iran’s Nakhle Barani Pardis Co. (NBP), Tehran, have entered an agreement for the planned construction of a grassroots refinery in Indonesia.

KRI and NBP signed a memorandum of understanding on Feb. 11 to explore the feasibility of building a refinery designed to process heavy crude oil in either West Java Province or Banten Province, Indonesia, KRI President Rudy Radjab told OGJ.

Under the agreement, KRI will own 70% of the planned 300,000-b/d refinery, while NBP will own the remaining 30% and act as the refinery’s heavy crude supplier.

Currently, the companies estimate the refinery will require an investment of $3 billion, which is based on an initial capacity of 150,000 b/d, Radjab added.

With both the bankable feasibility and site selection studies still to be completed, a specific timeframe for the project is not yet available.

Related Articles

Phillips 66 considers splitter at Sweeny refinery

03/21/2014 Phillips 66 is evaluating the potential for the addition of a condensate splitter near its 247,000-b/d Sweeny refinery in Old Ocean, Tex., just sou...

Second small diesel refinery planned for North Dakota

03/21/2014 Quantum Energy Inc. (QEI), Tempe, Ariz., said it has secured land for the construction of a 20,000-b/d grassroots hydroskimming refinery in North D...

Flint Hills settles Port Arthur pollution case

03/20/2014 Flint Hills Resources (FHR) has reached a settlement with the US federal government to implement innovative technologies to control harmful air pol...

WoodMac: Global ethylene demand, production on the rise

03/20/2014 Ethylene-producing assets that have access to low-cost natural gas feedstocks, such as the ones in North America, will lead the competition in glob...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected