Eland starts oil production from Opuama field in Nigeria

Eland Oil & Gas PLC has started oil production from Opuama field on the OML 40 license onshore Nigeria.

The company said production has restarted through the successful recommissioning of existing systems and the reopening of two existing wells. Gross output from the two wells is expected to stabilize in aggregate at 2,500 b/d of oil. The crude oil produced will be delivered to the Shell Forcados export terminal through Eland’s recently recommissioned flow station and export pipeline, with a capacity to export as much as 30,000 b/d.

Opuama is operated by Nigerian Petroleum Development Corp. The field, which has gross recoverable 2P reserves of 54.2 million bbl, was in production during 1975-2006 before Shell Petroleum Development Co. undertook a controlled shutdown of the facilities.

NPDC holds 55% interest in OML 40, with the remaining 45% interest belonging to Elcrest Exploration & Production Nigeria Ltd., Eland’s joint venture company.

Related Articles

Baker Hughes: US drilling rig count drops to 1,803

03/21/2014 After consecutive weeks of significant gains, the US drilling rig count lost 6 units to 1,803 rigs working during the week ended Mar. 21, Baker Hug...

Cenovus gets AER approval for Grand Rapids oil sands project

03/21/2014 Cenovus Energy Inc. reported that it has received approval from the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) for its wholly owned Grand Rapids thermal oil sa...

Shell lets contracts for Majnoon development

03/18/2014 Shell Iraq Petroleum Development BV has let engineering and procurement services contracts to Foster Wheeler Kentz Energy Services DMCC, Dubai, for...

Ivanhoe halts Tamarack oil sands project citing lack of regulatory ‘clarity’

03/18/2014 Ivanhoe Energy Inc. has suspended activity on its Tamarack oil sands project pending approval for its thermal oil sands application from the govern...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected