Construction progresses on Brazil’s Abreu e Lima refinery

Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) said construction projects at its Abreu e Lima oil refinery at the port of Suape, near Recife, the capital of Pernambuco state, have reached just over 83% completion.

The first phase of construction is expected to by November 2014, according to a Dec. 17 release from Petrobras.

Upon completion and commissioning of the second phase of construction, which is scheduled for May 2015, the Abreu e Lima refinery will process 230,000 b/d, Petrobras said.

Construction on the refinery, in which Petrobras was to hold a 60% stake alongside Venezuela's state-owned Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA), who was to hold the remaining 40% (OGJ Online, Oct. 8, 2009), began in 2007 but faced repeated delays in order to negotiate better prices for some of the refinery’s systems (OGJ Online, Apr. 16, 2010; Sept. 5, 2007).

Petrobras took full control of the project in late October 2013 following a series of delays by PDVSA to fund its share of the project (OGJ Online, July 29, 2011).

Related Articles

Canadian firms plan BC gas plant, target LNG export

08/19/2014 AltaGas Ltd. and Painted Pony Petroleum Ltd., both of Calgary, have agreed to develop processing and marketing of natural gas and NGLs for Painted ...

NRL lets contract for Karachi refining complex

08/19/2014 Pakistan’s National Refinery Ltd. (NRL) has let a contract to China National Chemical Engineering Corp. Ltd. (CNCEC) for work related to the upgrad...

CSB releases incident report for Tesoro’s Martinez refinery

08/18/2014 Loose pipe fittings are to blame for a sulfuric acid release that seriously injured two workers in early February at the alkylation unit of Tesoro ...

Hydrogen unit shuttered at Neste’s Porvoo refinery

08/18/2014 Neste Oil Corp. has shuttered a hydrogen production unit for repairs at its 205,000-b/d Porvoo refinery in the Kilpilahti Industrial Area, about 20...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected