Spectra Energy Corp. and Spectra Energy Partners have executed new long-term contracts for 650 MMcfd of natural gas shipments on the Gulf Coast Expansion project of its Texas Eastern pipeline system. Spectra says the expansion will support growing manufacturing and LNG export demand along the Texas and Louisiana coast.
Phase I of the expansion will transport 250 MMcfd as early as November 2016. Phase II will move an additional 400 MMcfd beginning September 2017 and ramping up through December 2018. Customers signing contracts for long-term service include:
• EQT Corp., 100 MMcfd in-service 2016.
• GDF Suez SA, 200 MMcfd in-servie 2017.
• Mitsubishi Corp., 100 MMcfd in-service 2017.
• MMGS Inc., a subsidiary of Mitsui & Co., Ltd., 100 MMcfd in-service 2017.
• Range Resources Appalachia LLC, 150 MMcfd in-service 2016.
Spectra described the Gulf Markets Expansion Project as a continuation of efforts (including Team 2014 and OPEN) to transform its Texas Eastern Transmission mainline into a bi-directional system providing diverse supply access to Northeast, Southeast, and Gulf Coast markets (OGJ Online, Sept. 26, 2013).